Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook New Spain
LONELY PLANET SPANISH PHRASEBOOK
by MARTA LOPEZ
To see other Camino de Santiago guides, maps and books click here
New small softcover book, 260 pages, published 2011. 4th Edition. Pocket-sized, measures 14 x 10cm, weighs 150g.
with 3500-word two-way dictionary
'Hasta la vista, baby!' is no way to address a Spanish police officer, 'Arriba! Arriba!' won't make the taxi go faster and 'Ay, carramba!' won't grab a waiter's attention. Use this book to say what you really mean.
- Language map and introduction
- Tools - pronunciation, a-z phrasebuilder, language difficulties, numbers & amounts, time & dates, money
- Practical - including transport, accommodation, shopping, business, banking, sightseeing, children
- Social - meeting people, interests, going out, cultural differences, sport, outdoors
- Food - eating out, self-catering, vegetarian and special meals, culinary reader
- Safe travel - essentials, health
- Sustainable travel
- Dictionaries - English-Spanish dictionary, Spanish-English dictionary
Note from Judy - We used a copy of this phrasebook when we did our own Camino Frances in 2010, together with John Brierley's Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino de Santiago and the Michelin Camino de Santiago Pocket Road Atlas and found all 3 books very helpful. If you'd like to read about our Camino, click here to see our blog, Walking the Camino: Greg and Judy's Camino de Santiago pilgrimage across Spain.
I'm also very happy to answer any questions you may have, and I love to hear from people who have already walked the Camino ... any Camino! - click here to contact me
See more Travel books click here
Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook 4th Edition - Marta Lopez
In stock-ready to post on Thursday