In the Night Garden 8 Favourite Stories - Andrew Davenport New hardcover book in slipcase box
IN THE NIGHT GARDEN STORYTIME COLLECTION
What a Funny Noise! Too much Pinky Ponk juice! Upsy Daisy loves the Ninky Nonk! Where is Igglepiggle's blanket? Where are the Pontipines? Where is the Pinky Ponk going? Igglepiggle lost! Tombliboo trousers on the Ninky Nonk!
by ANDREW DAVENPORT
To see other Board and Picture books click here
New hardcover picture book in slipcase box. 200 pages, published 2009. Measures 20 x 26 cm.
- What a Funny Noise! Pwoo-wee-woo-wee-foof! What a funny noise! Makka Pakka's trumpet is making a funny noise. Do you know why?
- Too much Pinky Ponk juice! Sluurrp! Sluurrp! One day, Tombliboo Ooo drank up all his Pinky Ponk juice. And what did he do next? Tombliboo Ooo drank everyone else's Pinky Ponk juice too!
- Upsy Daisy loves the Ninky Nonk! Upsy Daisy doo!One day, Upsy Daisy decided to kiss everything in the garden. What a funny idea, Upsy Daisy!
- Where is Igglepiggle's blanket? Igglepiggle! One day, Igglepiggle lost his blanket. Don't worry Igglepiggle, we'll find your blanket.
- Where are the Pontipines? Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi! The teeny tiny Pontipine children went to sleep in Upsy Daisy's bed. Upsy Daisy sat down - and what do you think happened next?
- Where is the Pinky Ponk going? Ponk! Ponk! Ponk! Where is the Pinky Ponk going? Look at that. The Pinky Ponk is taking everybody to see a very special thing!
- Igglepiggle lost! Igglepiggle! Once upon a time, Igglepiggle went for a walk in the Night Garden. Igglepiggle, are you lost? Don't worry, Igglepiggle, your friends can help!
- Tombliboo trousers on the Ninky Nonk! The Tombliboos went for a ride on the Ninky Nonk. But Tombliboos - where are your trousers? Makka Pakka knows!
More about In the Night Garden...
In The Night Garden… is a children's television series, particularly aimed at babies and toddlers. It is filmed mostly in live action, and features a mix of actors in costumes, plus puppetry and computer animation. The programme is said by its creators to be designed to both relax as well as entertain its intended audience of two- to four-year-olds. In The Night Garden… features a large cast of colourful characters with unusual names who live in "the garden", an area of sparsely wooded grassland scattered with large daisies and brightly-coloured balls of flowers. The characters mostly speak short, repetitive phrases in an invented language. The repetition of sound associated with the characters builds up familiarity amongst the target audience. The garden is a perpetually sunny, colourful environment reminiscent of a dream world.
Unlike most television programmes aimed at toddlers, In The Night Garden is not primarily intended to be educational. Instead, it is intended to help children relax and achieve calming relationships with parents. Producer Anne Wood stated "We became very aware of the anxiety surrounding the care of young children which manifested itself in all kind of directions - but the one big subject that came up again and again was bedtime. It's the classic time for tension between children who want to stay up and parents who want them to go to bed... so this is a programme about calming things down whereas most children's TV is about gee-ing everything up!"
About the author
Andrew Davenport (born in England on 10 June 1965) is an award winning British producer, writer and composer specialising in creating television and publishing for young children. Davenport has been dubbed 'the J K Rowling of the under fives' following the extraordinary international success of 'Teletubbies' and 'In the Night Garden...'.
Davenport created Teletubbies (first broadcast in the UK in 1997) with Anne Wood, and wrote all of the 365 episodes. He created 'In the Night Garden...' (first broadcast in the UK in 2007), wrote all of the 100 episodes, and composed the title theme and incidental music. He is renowned for creating high-volume and technologically pioneering character-based productions, designed for developmentally specific audiences that appeal successfully to their target age group.
See other children's book sets at the Bookshelf of Oz click here
In the Night Garden Storytime Collection 8 stories in one book by Andrew Davenport
in stock - delivery after Aug 14th